Family Readiness Training
- Family Readiness Command Team training is designed to orient and guide command team members in their roles, responsibilities and operating components of their family readiness program. This training provides the required information to implement and execute a successful family readiness program.
- Family Readiness Officer training is designed to orient and guide the Family Readiness Officer in their roles, responsibilities and operating components within the Unit, Personal and Family Readiness Program.
- Command Team Advisor and Family Readiness Assistant training is designed to orient and guide Command Team Advisors and Family Readiness Assistants in their roles, responsibilities and operating components within the Unit, Personal and Family Readiness Program.
- Command Team Commanding Officer and Senior Enlisted Spouse training is designed to orient and guide Commanding Officer, Sergeant Major, and/or Senior Enlisted Marine Spouses in the responsibilities and operating components of their roles within the Unit, Personal and Family Readiness Program.
READINESS AND DEPLOYMENT SUPPORT TRAINING:
- Marines and Families training highlights key areas of personal and family preparation for single Marines, married Marines and their respective families; either active duty or reservists in preparation for deployment. Suggestions for preparation of important documents, emergency communication and sources of assistance are provided.
- Parents & Children training uses an optional guest speaker, puppet show, and activities for children age 5 years and older to prepare for the upcoming deployment. The adult component highlights ways that parents can support their children during a deployment and to recognize common reactions children may exhibit due to deployment stress.
- Deployment Success is designed to promote deployment success for the spouse or significant other at home during a deployment. Suggestions for fun things to do, goal setting and available resources are highlighted. This is a great opportunity to assess your deployment success thus far.
- Kids and Deployment workshop is designed to promote deployment success for kids, including reactions to deployment, ways parents can help and available resources.
- Self-Care is designed to promote deployment self-care for the spouse or significant other at home during deployment. Information about stress management, staying connected with your Marine, dealing with emotional ups and downs and available resources are highlighted.
RETURN AND REUNION
- Spouses and Significant Others workshop provides ideas on how to reintegrate with your Marine, what to expect on the “Big Day” when he/she returns and ways to help you deal with changes that may have occurred during the deployment.
- Parents and Kids workshop provides age-appropriate activities for children age 5 years and older to prepare for the upcoming return, reunion and reintegration with their Marine parent. The adult component highlights ways parents can support their child during the return, reunion and reintegration process.
- Parents and Extended Family workshop answers questions about what to expect at homecoming, provides suggestions on celebrating homecoming with your Marine and addressing any concerns you may have regarding your Marine.
- Reintegration: Strong Marine Couples provides a fun forum for couples to assess their recent deployment experience in an effort to further strengthen their relationship. This training addresses the effect of reintegration on a relationship, assessing the level of relationship satisfaction and provides communication tools and resources for couples to use to further strengthen the relationship.
LIFE SKILLS TRAINING AND EDUCATION:
- PREP8.0 : This training is designed to help couples achieve their goals in relationships and family. The curriculum is designed to build on the existing strengths of the couple and add critical life and relationship skills that will help participants to create safer, more stable couple relationships, and by extension, better environments for their children.
- Developing Healthy Blended Families is designed to help Marines and family members gain a better understanding of the common and practical issues facing blended families. Topics discussed include stages of blended family development and tips for nurturing and enriching the family relationship.
- Building Lasting Relationships recognizes the challenges of a military lifestyle can place many demands on Marines and their families. This workshop provides practical information and tools to enhance healthy relationships.
- Four Lenses: Four point temperament discovery training tool. This training helps you look with understanding into the heart of others. Used properly, the principles you will discover in this workshop will empower you to improve aspects of every personal relationship in your life.
- Interpersonal Communication workshop is designed to be preventive in nature, to increase competence in using more effective communication skills, and to promote healthy relationships through communication. Marines and families learn how to communicate with one another in an effective manner, thereby supporting self-sufficiency and operational readiness in the field.
- Conflict Management addresses interpersonal conflict and is designed to help Marines and their families become more aware of conflict; empowering them to make healthy choices by managing their responses to conflict, both at home and in the work place.
- Social Networking Safety addresses the dangers and risks, as well as positive outcomes, associated with social networking. Marines and their families are provided information on how to protect themselves and family members and ways to stay safe while on the internet and on social networking sites.
- Basic Stress Management is designed to help Marines and their families minimize stress by providing a basic overview of the concepts and management skills needed to successfully navigate both everyday stress and the extraordinary stress of a Marine Corps lifestyle.
- Basic Anger Management is an overview of anger management principals. The workshop provides education on the dynamics of anger and offers a variety of acceptable coping strategies to handle angry feelings and behaviors.
- Family Care Plan will educate Marines and their families on the basics of a Family Care Plan. The significance of a Family Care Plan is outlined along with the importance of maintaining an updated version.
- Aging Parents & Elder Care helps Marines and their families in dealing with the complexities of assisting elderly adults. The workshop guides Marines and their families in making informed decisions concerning elder care and presents strategies for coping with the day-to-day challenges involved with caring for your elderly loved one.
- Emergency Preparedness workshop contains information regarding actions that Marines and their families should take to stay informed and prepared in the event of natural and manmade hazards. This workshop outlines the importance of always being prepared for any type of emergency.
- Safe & Sound at Home provides important safety precautions for Marine Corps families and instills spouses and family members with the ability and confidence to be responsible for their personal safety and the safety of their families while their Marines are deployed.
- Casualty Notification Process – The Casualty Process De-Mystified workshop will help minimize stress and confusion by providing a brief overview on the casualty process, the role of the Casualty Assistance Calls Officer (CACO) and information on benefits, support services and related organizations. The definition of a “casualty” as it relates to the Marine Corps will be discussed along with the casualty notification process for all casualties.
CHAPLAINS RELIGIOUS ENRICHMENT DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS (CREDO) offers retreats that help people grow toward increased functional ability, spiritual maturity, acceptance of responsibility and enhanced readiness. CREDO offers the following core program and services.
- Personal Growth Retreat (PGR) provides couples with the opportunity to explore ways to keep the martial relationship healthy and deal with conflicts which may arise. This experience enables participants to explore the emotional, physical and spiritual component of their marriage and to grow closer as a couple.
- Spiritual Growth Retreat (SGR) is designed to assist participants in the pursuit of a more meaningful spirituality. Focus is placed on gaining and expanding spiritual resources to better meet the daily demands of life.
- Warrior Resiliency Retreat (WRR) courses of instruction are designed to reduce stresses associated with the combat setting and arduous deployments. CREDO, in conjunction with commanders and unit chaplains, will deliver tailored programs to address Combat Operational Stress Control (COSC), pre and post deployment training and personal growth and resiliency training to enhance military readiness and unit cohesion.
- Family Retreat is designed for parents and children to encourage the development of healthy families. The workshop is based upon the Survival Skills for Healthy Families model. Families will learn specific skills to enhance family cohesion resolve conflict and build upon the strengths of the family.
PREVENTION RELATIONSHIP ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (PREP) is a relationship enhancement program that teaches couples how to effectively communicate, work together as a team to solve problems, manage conflict without damaging closeness and preserve and enhance commitment and friendship. It is designed for pre-marital and married couples.
LIFESTYLE INSIGHTS, NETWORKING, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS (L.I.N.K.S.) TRAINING:
- L.I. N.K.S. for Spouses provides an overview of the Marine Corps structure, services and benefits that are available to you as part of the Marine Corps Family. This is an opportunity for you to meet other Marine Corps spouses and learn all that the military has to offer. Participation is strongly encouraged with each new duty assignment as the class is tailored locally to highlight the unique aspects of each duty station.
- L.I.N.K.S. for Marines provides the essentials that every Marine needs to make the most of this journey. During this session we will discuss the military lifestyle as well as benefits and services the Marine Corps has to offer Marines and families. The resources and information received during this training will aid in successfully achieving personal and family readiness throughout mission, life and career events.
- L.I.N.K.S. for Parents & Extended Family focuses on providing information for parents and extended family members of Marines and helping them understand the Marine Corps culture and lifestyle.
- L.I.N.K.S. for Kids & Teens is offered as two separate curriculums specific to each age group. These workshops help our young children and teens adapt to the Marine Corps lifestyle and become resilient, look forward to new beginnings, embrace farewells and all of the great experiences they may encounter, or have encountered.
FAMILY READINESS OFFICER’s PHONE NUMBERS:
BASE FRO: 639-7887
LOG COM FRO: 639-8139
DEPUTY FRO: 639-5174