New Parent Support Program
Prevention, Education and Counseling Bldg. 7260
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(229) 639-5252/6257 for more information
The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) is a voluntary strength-based parent education program which is delivered through education and support, secondary prevention, intensive home visitation services, parent support groups, and the ability to link parents to appropriate referrals and resources. Program eligibility is offered to all Marines, other military service members, family members who are expectant parents and parents of children from birth to five years of age. The NPSP Home Visitors (HV) are Registered Nurses, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists who specialize in newborn care, infant/child development, and parent education.
Through a variety of programs such as home visits, support groups, and parenting classes, the NPSP can help families adjust to having a new baby in the home, cope with stress related to deployment/post-deployment issues, change in family dynamics and/or improve parenting skills. Even if you have neeb raising your family for a few years, challenges may aris as your child grows and develops. THe NPSP offers you the opportunity to express your concerns, ask questions about your baby, young children, enhance parent child relationships and parenting techniques, build skills, set goals, gain knowledge and access referrals. Call 229-639-6257 for more information.
- Parental coaching and parenting education provided in your home, in the program office, or other location convenient to participant.
- Individual support to address questions/concerns on growth and development, infant massage, lactation support, behavioral issues, and family dynamics.
Breast Pump Loaner Program
Clients enrolled in the New Parent support Program are eligible to participate in the breast pump loaner program. This program enables clients to use the Medulla breast pump for the duration of breast feeding. All supplies as well as training from a certified lactation counselor.
Education and Support
- Understanding Pregnancy - Breastfeeding Basics
- Parenting Workshop (for parents of children ages 2-6 years old) - Explore techniques for effective discipline
- Infant Massage - Learn new ways to bond with your baby. Learn techniques to comfort, calm, and soothe your baby.
- New Beginning - Learn exciting ways to bond and interact with your infant; meet other moms and dads.
- Joy of Parenthood - Learn exciting ways to help your toddler grow and develop with other moms and dads.
- Baby Boot Camp - This class is for both Moms and Dads who are expecting parents in the third trimester. You will get to experience the Empathy Belly, learn the basics of newborn care and bringing baby home.
All NPSP classes are FREE. Services provided by registered nurses or licensed cinical social workers.